Thursday, November 6, 2008

More Quilt Auction 08


These are snapshots from our auction last Saturday. The biggest quilts were displayed on stage, made by various sewing groups withing the guild
The women seated are those whose job it was to walk the quilts around while they were being bid on, they are the lovely "prancers".

While reading all my quilting blogs, I am struck by how many were so happy about President Obama. Those who mentioned nothing about the historical vote ignored it. Oh Quilters we are so unwilling to

appear rude or unkind. We are real gentlewomen.

For me, the election was bittersweet. I am happy that we have a democrat, and a man who will be upfront, forthright and less partisan. But I did have a strong wish that a woman, namely Hillary would get the chance to lead this nation, and give women an opportunity to show how well or better we can do than a man. Perhaps in 8 years we will get the opportunity. How old is Hillary???
Posted by Picasa

No comments: